Too exciting and much to report

Week 59. I suppose house building is the same. At some point it all looks like it might actually happen and every day another job seems to be nearing completion. So far this week the deck has been first sanded, the galley is ready for final touches, the new water tank is installed and the laundry room is ready for the washing machine. So the laundry room first. This is the converted forward heads and has been substantially modified to enable a small washing machine to be fitted. Luckily the refit has left enough space for us to be able to put back a toilet. A macerator electric toilet will fit nicely and because of the water maker a fresh water feed should ensure low odour! This might have to wait until next year as budget and time seem to be against us. The small stainless steel water tank has now been installed in the space left in the original water tank which now houses the water maker. It is bigger than I expected and James the steel fabricator from JP Engineering has done a magnificent job. The Galley now looks bright and modern. TLC have again sprinkled some magic and it all looks better than our wildest dreams. This week end I put some of the finishing touches such as wiring the new mains plugs and fitting the new LED strip light. As can be seen from the photo on the right it is bright clean and functional. The teak deck has been completed in terms of its installation. The job now involves the first cut sanding which is nearing completion and this starts to make the whole boat look like new. It was a great decision to teak the coach roof and area behind the cockpit. I have posted some pictures of the progress here and can't wait to see the end result.

The caulking has been done slowly to avoid any air bubles and the quality that has resulted is extraordinary. Once the first sanding is complete the caulking will be touched up where necessary and then the final sanding. After this the refitting of the deck hardware will take place. Specification drift has meant a lot of the hardware will be new, new hinges, cleats and tracks to name just a few. My wife continues to clean and restore the rest. The final job of the week end was connecting up the new water tank. Some jobs go well and some do not!. The plastic pipe that goes from the bottom of the tank to the water balance assembly was a very tight squeeze onto the tank fitting. Finally after much heat and judicious fairy liquid it went on. However it was too short. More heat aided removal. I cut some more hose and tried again. More heat and washing up liquid connected it a second time. Still to short. When will I learn, measure twice cut once. Another trip to the chandlery and that means ABC in Beaumaris as the local one has a very very limited stock and the past 5 trips there have been a waste of time!