Near to launch...

Teak Deck Oyster 406

Week 78. Sorry for the delay as technical problems have delayed an update this week. So what has been happening. Preparation for the final bug fixes on the deck and some gel coat repairs from old war wounds! By the end of the week the teak deck will be fully finished and Andrew will have brought the rest of the deck up to scratch. Also in cleaning the deck in preparation for Andrew a couple of leaks were detected. Firstly one of the port lights leaked into the aft cabin. This was removed and I found I had not put enough Arbomast around the rim. I will use more next time! The second leak was from one of the deck LEDs inset in the teak. Again a leak into the aft cabin. I tried covering the light with a teak off cut plastered with Arbomast and the leak stopped. So nothing for it but to remove the light. Carl from TLC helped and when it was out it was soon apparent there was again far to little sealer. So both leaks should be easy to fix. It's a good job the leaks will be fixed before Sephina comes out of the shed next week as the upholstery has started to arrive. So far the fore cabin is complete and the aft cabin partially complete. The photo opposite shows just how bright the interior is going to be. The aft cabin cushions are very complex in shape so are taking a little time to get right. I will post some other photos when they are finished on Friday. Also this weekend Paul finished the fitting out of the aft cabin lockers. It is a shame that the calorifier under the bed is broken. I have decided not to repair it a third time and have taken the plunge to order a new tank. Luckily it is in stock so will be here before the launch. After 78 weeks the butterfly is nearly ready to emerge.