So near so far..

Week 25. Another week end of bits and bobs. The anchor locker had its final shelf gel wash as foolishly I used a lambs wool roller and it left small hairs in the finish. As it is almost impossible to match the colour I decided to contrast it and make the shelf a much darker grey. I think it looks Ok. Also I made a spacer out of marine ply to raise the windlass as much as possible to try and achieve as near 90 degree pull on the chain as recommended in the windlass manual. My wife has continued with the "secret bilge" and with another above and beyond the call of duty effort it is nearly ready for drying out and then painting. With my added confidence in mixing gel wash I might try that as it is stronger than bilge paint.